As you may have known it was my 22nd birthday just over a week ago now, I would just like to say a massive thank you to all the lovely comments and tweets that I had wishing me a nice birthday! My dad's birthday is the day before so it kind of evolved into a week of celebrations as well as James coming up on the weekend to see me. I had to work on my birthday too but I still managed to have a lovely morning opening presents and having the most amazing birthday lunch in a 'secret garden'...
I woke up to lots of presents and cards waiting for me! I may do a separate post on what presents I got if that's something people would be interested in? Let me know in the comments!
At midday we headed off to Wills at ONE which is situated in the Royal William Yard which you've probably heard me ramble on about how amazing it is before! I picked Wills at ONE because as you can see it literally is a 'secret garden', it's set in the most picturesque and peaceful grounds and I honestly couldn't think of anywhere nicer to be, except for somewhere hot maybe! But this definitely did the job.
Once we were seated we had a look at the menu, when I say 'we' I didn't as I'd already decided what I wanted.. Afternoon tea and carrot cake please!
First to arrive was one of the cake specials of the day, carrot cake! Definitely my favourite cake in the whole world.
Whilst waiting for the rest of the food to arrive I had to have a cheeky birthday photo! I would usually dress up more than this but I had to go straight to work *sobs*!
Then the delicious cream tea arrived... (I do apologise about the lighting in these photos!)
Thank god for the perfect lighting on my instagram picture!
Don't mind if I do!
After we were full to the brim we climbed to the top of the 'secret garden' and stumbled upon these fantastic views.
Nothing beats a sea view, one of the first weddings was held here a few weeks ago and I couldn't think of a more perfect location!
On the weekend as I mentioned before James came down to see me, so I had another lovely lot of presents to open! We didn't do a lot during the weekend as we had both been working all week so it was nice to just relax and chill out.
We did fit in a spot of mini golf though, which by the way I'm rubbish at! All about the taking part that counts though huh?
We then headed down to the Barbican to stop off at my favourite cafe for a babycino! Below is also the most amazing chocolate cake that we devoured for my dad's birthday!
In the evening we had a birthday tea with my family and of course it's not a birthday without Colin the Caterpillar! Legit the only cake I've had since i was born!
It's also tradition that I get to eat the big chocolatey head of the cake mmm, soz Colin!
It was a great end to an amazing birthday, it was the first one that I had spent at home in 3 years so it was really special! On another note I have been lacking on the outfit posts recently but I've literally had so much other content to share but in the next few weeks I have so many outfit posts to come as I seem to have accumulated a lot of new clothes haha! Anyway, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, what are you all up to?
What do you think of my birthday celebrations? Do you like afternoon tea? What would your dream birthday be?





You looked absolutely gorgeous and as pleased as punch of course ;) you deserved to have a lovely day so I am glad everything was made special, the afternoon tea looked gorgeous, and mini golf is SO fun! xxx
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had the most incredible birthday!!! And extra special being at home for the first time in years - perfect day by the sounds of it, the afternoon tea looks amazing!! xxxx
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lovely birthday. Wills looks so pretty and the food looks incredible, I love scones and that carrot cake looks heavenly. You can't have a birthday without colin the caterpillar!x
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday.
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs!
Sarah
Pretty Gloss ♥ beauty, makeup & a bit of life..bloglovin' | twitter | pinterest | facebook
Looks like you had a wonderful day, the food looks amazing! x
ReplyDeletewww.underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk
Wills at One in the Royal William Yard Plymouth is cetainly worth a visit, so glad you enjoyed it there. X
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great day - the carrot cake does look lovely! :)
ReplyDeletetheemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk
It looks like you had such a lovely day, they're some really beautiful photos! Happy birthday from me too!
ReplyDeletetheblossomcart.co.uk
xxxxx
Happy belated birthday! Looks like you've celebrated in style, and made me hungry in the process!
ReplyDeleteAnnabel ♥
Mascara & Maltesers
Thank you so much! Aww hehe i know i want to eat it all over again! xxx
ReplyDeleteI did have such a lovely birthday, thanks so much :) xxx
ReplyDeleteI had a brilliant day thank you! Oh it was soo good :) xxx
ReplyDeleteIt really is such an amazing place! xxx
ReplyDeleteI had a great day thank you :) xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Sarah :) xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Amanda i had a brilliant day! I know you really can't best birthday cake ever! xxx
ReplyDeletehehe it was really so lovely :) xxx
ReplyDeleteI had such an amazing day thank you :) I know cannot beat afternoon tea! xxx
ReplyDeleteI know its the most amazing place I've ever been to! I did have such a lovely birthday thanks Jessie :) xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks so much :) Of course hehe! I did have such a lovely day bet youre so excited for yours now eek! I know right its the best!! xxx
ReplyDelete